"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Tuesday 31 January 2012

The Last day of Jan 2012 - Day 31 - Hearts, Class & a new project


I finished making the hearts in all the colours that I had available in StyleCraft Special DK, so 17 hearts in all. Now I have to decide what to do with them!









The next excitement of the day was a group of 2 Crochet Class.
Last week I taught L how to make a granny square
and  
this was what she brought in for me today!
She has worked REALLY hard so her practice HAS made PERFECT


Today I taught her how to change colours in a Granny Square
Hasn't she done marvellously well?


Now this is from my other lady who had a problem starting several squares from the Jan Eaton 200 Crochet Blocks Book (see the Amazon poster in the top right if you want to order this fantastic book - my favourite!!) 
She did ever so well & with a little help she has conquered her "understanding that pattern" block that she seemed to have had since I saw her at her last lesson.


ADMISSION

 I cheated today with GAD No. 31 as I made this in class as I was helping L to colour change.



I have also started another project or WIP

I rarely make clothes but I really like this pattern.  I will probably make it longer in the body (it starts at the yoke) so that it will be more of a beach cover over thingy topy thing (sorry) and I am using Cotton Tape by Rowan rather than the suggested DK cotton yarn but the Tension Gauge came up ok so I should be ok.

Well thank you January 2012 you've been eventful and I am so pleased that GAD 2012 has been so popular so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!