"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Day #18 Granny A Day & Poncho

Well here is my Granny A Day for Day 18


It is rather bright, but I love Purple!

I am looking at my scraps of yarns basket and they are all slowly depleting, so I will have to get on with my Giant Granny Square Blanket soon, so that my Scraps Basket can be restocked.

I also have some Red DK now so I can make some more Valentines Hearts

And here, as promised is the start of my Poncho
I found LOADS of patterns on the internet but not one that I really fancied or thought that I would wear once it was finished.  I was tempted to make a Granny Square one - very RETRO
However I am not sure that I am brave enough or indeed young enough to wear something so bright and colourful outside in the big wide world, so I compromised
and chose to make a Granny Shell Poncho instead.

It started off with a Gold / Beige neckline and I am continuing in a lovely Deep Green, as I have 10 x 50 gram balls of this all (including the Gold / Beige) in Aran Merino that I was lucky enough to get in the wool sale for £1 a ball!
I am using a 5mm Hook.
Once I have completed this masterpiece I may post the pattern that is a combination of a few that I came across whilst surfing, unless someone twists my arm before then as it is quite simple once you have got the neckline sorted out!


In other news - the Baby Blanket is still a WIP.  I think that I have one more sequence of colours to go, so :
White, Green, Pink, Yellow & Blue
Once I have finished these rows (2 of each) I will take a look at the size and decide whether or not it's big enough and go from there.  I will have to edge it all the way around before I present it to the proud parents anyway.

Current Projects on the go
  • Granny A Day
  • Poncho
  • Baby Blanket
  • Giant Granny Square Blanket
  • Valentines Hearts
Wow - 5 - that's a record for me!






2 comments:

  1. My yarn stash hasn't seemed to go down at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Marsha - maybe my scrap stash, which is what I am using for Granny A Day, as my squares are only 4 rows - wasn't big enough in the first place - at least my Giant Granny Blanket will use up some of my real stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!