"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Day #11 - what a busy, busy day!


Ok, I am going to blog about the day as the day went along as there is SO much to tell you from a crochet point of view of course!

Firstly I have to go back to last night - my hubby told me that our friends baby is arriving very soon - 3 weeks in fact, so I ran upstairs to see if I had any baby wools (3 or 4ply) as I hadn't noticed any in my stash audit the other day.  Well I didn't have any, but then I had an idea that I forgot to count some wool in my guest bedroom wardrobe, so I went to look in there and guess what - I found some White, Baby Blue, Baby Green, Baby Yellow & Baby Pink all in 4ply. So once I got settled for the evening I made a start on a Baby Blanket and produced 12 rows:



It's making up very slowly due to the fineness of the wool

More good news from last night is that I got a text message to confirm a Group of 2 class for this coming Friday - both beginners and both excited to get started - I can't wait!

Now to this morning, 9.30am in fact - I know that I have a 10am class this morning so I get my room nice and neat - not that its ever not neat, but I make sure that its all tip top and that the kettle is full!  These little bits are important you know!  So, whilst I am waiting for my pupil to arrive I start to crochet in extra chunky wool and a 6.5mm hook - can you guess what I am doing yet?

Yes, I going to make another tutorial - well 2 actually!!

However I only had time to set up a few shots when the doorbell rang.  My 10am Lady was standing there with a huge grin on her face and chatting all the way up the stairs.  I knew that she wanted to learn joining colours in a Granny Square, so we went through the next 2 hours doing exactly that!

Here's one of the squares she made

Now I have to admit that I cheated a little here, because the square that I was working on as the tutorial of my class, is the square that I am submitting as Granny A Day no. 11



In addition to finishing the 2 hour lesson and completing the No. 11 Granny square, I also managed to make 2 tutorials today - both free to whoever needs them, but as always donations will be gratefully appreciated.  

They are both called "The Basics" and they cover :  How to make a foundation chain, Double Crochet & Treble Crochet stitches.  The first Tutorial is for Right Handers and the Second - which I have put under a new TAB is for Left Handers.

More of my already completed Right Hand Tutorials will be converted to Left Hand versions as soon as I have some more time on my hands.

Oh and I nearly forgot, I have also learnt how to allow comments to be left on every page that is now available via the TABS so if  you want to leave a comment on a specific TAB subject then you can! (or at least I hope you can if it works!)

And to sum it all up - I was honoured by the Editor of Bloggers.com today who awarded me a "FEATURED BLOG" award on their site!  How cool is that!

MACs Crochet - Find me on Bloggers.com

MACs CrochetFeatured Blogger



Awarded the "Featured Bloggers" badge on 11.Jan.12



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your bloggers award, I love to crochet, but wish I had more time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachael I am so chuffed! The nice thing about crochet is it's easy to do 5 minutes here and 20 there - just give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!