"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Friday 6 January 2012

Day #6 Granny Square Mania + I confess!


Yes it's Day 6 of Granny A Day 2012 & here's my square for today

I made it plain / one colour and you'd be thinking to yourself "well that's an easy one to do" 
Am I right?
Well let me tell you, it was a PAIN in the %$£* as I was using a scrap end of yarn & the more I got to the end the more the wool / yarn got worse and worse!

I ended up having to unravel, un knot,  tease strands back into place and 4 knot joins later it was finally finished
PHEW

So there are the 6 so far

Next to blog about is my trip to IKEA - we went (that's me and my lovely husband) a glass cabinet for our wine glasses, a project well overdue.

Whilst we were there I saw these lovely baskets and I thought that they would be just the ticket for sorting out my yarn stash!
(more later)



My Giant Granny Blanket is growing
Before you scroll down to the next picture, can you see the flaw?
Look in the bottom right hand corner


Yes I ran out of baby pink, so I swapped to the next colour that I use in the row above and continued with that.

Here's the close up
I must admit, you don't really notice it
Do you?


OK so back to the baskets and the yarn stash.
Another long over due project 
but I got my back into it



CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO ENLARGE

Top Row from left to right
1. 5 odd balls of Silver (where did they come from?)
2. More odd balls of baby green & blues
3. Purple balls are added to the basket
4. Then 2 new balls (well unused) of DK white
5. Topped with a bag of 10 balls of white cotton tape

Middle Row from left to right
1.  A bag of 20 multi colour 25g balls of DK (will be used in group class)
2. Basket off newly bought wools (see previous post) 17 x 100g balls in all
3.  Two book shelves full of various - chunky, cotton tape, merino, aran, fine cotton
4. The chair I am sitting on now - wools for my current Giant Granny Square project
5.  6 bags of Merino or Aran (JAEGER) each with 10 balls of wool

Bottom Row from left to right
1. Same as 5 above but from a different angle
2. 7 balls of 100% Cashmere wools (JAEGER) that I got for £1 from the wool sale
3.  My new IKEA basket with baby sized yarns - ideal for my Granny A Day 2012 project
4. More 25g balls of multi coloured acrylic yarns for my group classes
5.  My newly purchased wools in their old basket (so same as Middle row 2)

Oh and I also have a very large bag of wool in the wardrobe in the guest bedroom!! ARRGGHHHH
Must go and sort that one out now

I am a Yarn Addict
I am a Hook A Holic

4 comments:

  1. I added my progress in with my TGIFF! post on my blog.
    My intention is to add it to my WIP Wednesday post each week instead of daily. I hope this is ok.
    Also the picture will be progress as I go versus each square each day...is this alright?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marsha - yes that's a great idea to post each week - If you can remember just post me a comment when you do and I will pop over to your blog and copy your picture across. Just photograph it as you want to - I don't mind! I want this project to be as easy as possible for everyone. Love your quilting by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squares are looking good! I think the blanket looks fine, unless you point it out you don't see it. Fantastic stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sue, I think that the bigger it gets the less it will notice and I now have trouble finding it myself - it's only because I know it's there & I didn't want to pull out nearly a whole row! It's hard to judge if you will have enough wool once the rows get bigger.
    I have just made a note of all my hooks today - will blog later - slightly embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!