"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Monday 9 January 2012

Day #9 Granny A Day and a Purple Beret!


My very good friend has been after a hat for a little while now, so whilst I am quiet class / teaching wise, I thought that I best get this hat made!

She wants it in Purple
Can you imagine my horror when I discovered that I had half a ball of purple left in my YS!!
Yes, I had to go to the wool shop.

It was near disaster there too as she only had "Lisa DK" in purple in stock and I don't like "Lisa" as a brand - it comes up too thin.  So when I suggested that I try the Charity Shop, the Wool Shop Lady suddenly had a light bulb moment and came up with Patons Zhivago DK in PURPLE!!!

PHEW!!


So this is the pattern I found in Issue 24 of Inside Crochet Magazine (my all time favourite)

However I wasn't going to do the colour changes.  So out came the 5mm Tulip Hook (my subscription present from Inside Crochet Magazine (my all time favourite- sorry if I've already mentioned that they are my all time favourite Crochet Magazine and no, I am not on commission)  and I got reading.

I always read the pattern through first, plus and notes - it's a good habit to get into.

This hat made up really quickly.
The only adjustment I made was to the final row, as it felt a little loose on my head when I tried it on, so I made some extra decreases to suit.


And here it is!


A Purple Beret


Which is very chic!


And has this lovely raised pattern going through it as you had to use Raised Trebles which is a stitch that I like but don't get to use very often!

And here's my Granny Square for Day 9








2 comments:

  1. I will be adding a picture up to day 10 to the flickr group tomorrow and posting it in my WIP post on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's GREAT Marsha - I will look out for it & thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!