"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Granny A Day #4 & more!


Here are my 4 squares so far

I have been busy collating photo's of Granny - A - Day Squares that the Granny-A-Day'ers  have sent in either via twitter or via their own blogs
& here's what I have collaged so far.

I will be making a collage once a week from now on
so that all the GrannyADays can be viewed in one go
but I am loving this collage so far even after 3.5 days of photo submissions!


I am now SO hooked on Granny Squares, one a day is not quenching my addiction, that I have decided to make a massive Granny Square Blanket - every row a different colour.
I am going to use up every little scrap of wool / yarn in my stash so some rows may even have 2 or even 3 colours per row.  I am just going to add 
&
add
add 
more rows of every colour until the blanket is a good size!



And finally.....

Yesterday I had one of my 2011 students back for my first lesson of 2012

CD came along with the most amazing blanket - totally made from a very soft purple wool and as one giant granny square

She wanted to make a border for it, so I suggested a white edge in Trebles and then back to the purple in Double Crochet
This is it!


White Trebles with Purple Double Crochets to finish of this lovely blanket


I think the white has really set the solid main colour well


And here's the photo text picture that CD sent me today!



2 comments:

  1. I have five middles done. So tonight and tomorrow I can finish all five squares and be on schedule. I am enjoying this so much. I took yarn and a hook when I went to pick up my Rooster from work. I did my five middles.

    I am planning to use this blanket on my loveseat. I am using Red Heart because I have a dog that likes to lay on the loveseat. LOL

    Hopefully, I will find my camera batteries and get a photo soon.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, that's fab news. I can't wait to see your 5 squares. I love that about Crochet - you can take it anywhere! I also can't wait to see the end result! I have started a huge granny blanket today and will post a picture of my WIP tomorrow. Hope you have a wonderful day too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!