"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Sunday 22 January 2012

Day #22 Granny A Day + Poncho Update

 After creating the Granny A Day "end of week 3" photo collage, which you can see on the Granny A Day Page of this blog (see tab above) I made my Number 22 Granny Square in shades of Purple which I think has  turned out very well.

After 2 to 3 hours digging at my allotment (see my other Allotment Blog) I returned home to my Poncho.

My initial thoughts on making this, was to stick to the Deep Green, but then I began to think that it looked too plain, so I put out a few "feelers" on Twitter and a few Crochet or Knitting pals replied.

The overall consensus was to add a random mix of rows and colours, so that's what I did!


As you can see I have added a few rows of light brown, light cream and a biege


It's still not finished as it's not as long as I would like it yet, so I will continue in random rows and colours, until it is the length I would like it to be.

By the way it feels simply divine as I am using 100% Merino for this project. Lucky me!!

Then there is just the neckline to finish off and I will have my Poncho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!