"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Friday 13 January 2012

Day #13 Granny A Day and 2 Crochet Lessons!

I am going to start this post with pictures of my friend modelling the lovely Purple Beret & Mittens that I made for her


Don't they look FANTASTIC
I think they do and they really looked great on her too!


So Day 13 of the Granny A Day challenge started of with a text from a pupil that was due for a lesson at 10am 

"Looking forward to meeting you today at 10 but don't be surprised if I turn out to be the first pupil you can't teach to crochet! W "

My reply to that text was

"Looking forward to meeting you too, I won't be surprised as I WILL be able to teach you to crochet"

And guess who's in the picture below?

Yes its WM crocheting away!

We covered 
  • Holding the wool correctly
  • Holding the hook correctly
  • Foundation Chain
  • Slip stitch or single crochet
  • double crochet &
  • treble crochet!
It was a fantastic start and WM is off home now to practice away at her stitches.

She's also booked a 2 hour lesson in for next week too!
She's HOOKED


And I can't wait to see the progress that she will make, because I know that she will make some great Crochet things!


Now this picture was brought to my attention via Susgood on Twitter & like she Tweeted
"it puts the Granny A Day project into perspective"


The Telegraph says that they are patchwork quilts, but after searching online I found another picture that confirms that these are indeed crocheted Granny Square Blankets / Afghans

 "7800 crochet blankets which were then donated to shelters"


Read more here

 Crochet Lesson #2 went very smoothly - an existing pupil from last year who couldn't crochet for toffee when she first arrived!  She's only had 7 lessons and she's doing so well.  So far she's made a few beanie hats, a Cafetiere cosy & a cowl for her Mum for Christmas to name a few things.  She is confident enough now to begin to read patterns on her own (beginners level) so that's a fantastic improvement to the girl who couldn't even make a slip stitch!


Last but not least is my GAD (Granny A Day) No. 13





2 comments:

  1. LOVE the Telegraph picture. Wow. And WD for spotting they are crocheted not patchwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel - the telegraph photo is amazing isn't it! Thanks for your comment - I love comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!