"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Thursday 20 June 2013

Day 171 Crochet Classes Galore & some FAB results too!


 This morning I took a workshop of 4

It was a little bit of an impromptu one made up of ex workshop pupils that wanted to come back for another lesson, so they were all working on slightly different things, which meant that I was hobbling around the table quite a lot!

However they all made great progress, learnt new techniques


 

Next was KPK - we started hat making last week as she wanted to make a Beanie Hat for herself & she came in with a beige beanie that was nearly finished.

She described the edging that she wanted to add, so I showed her how to alternate back post & front post half trebles to achieve the look she was after.

She had a flower ready mad that she wanted to add to her hat, so I suggested that she completed her new hat with a pink trim to match the flower!

And look at the end result!!


It really suits her too!
Next week we are going to make a matching scarf /snood & maybe some mittens too!


And this is me in my hat!
 I started my Back & Front Post stitches slight further up than at the normal "brow" & I love it!  Like KPK I can't wait for winter now so that I can wear it LOL

So by starting with a basic Beanie Hat Pattern we have created 2 new Beanie Hat designs!!

This is Day 172


 I am still working on a final commission, which I will have completed tomorrow & all ready for the post next week & ahead of the deadline, so I am pleased.

I mentioned that I now have a regular monthly spot in a magazine on Monday, so firstly thanks for all the congratulations!  I have already sent off my "June" creation & I have LOADS of fab ideas for the coming months which I am writing down in my trusty filofax, so I don't forget!
That magazine is Make & Craft Magazine which has some FAB crafty creations, ideas & inspiration in it.
So if you don't want to miss one of my patterns, you'd better subscribe

Finally, I was offered a job in LONDON today for a Fashion House that is desperate for a Crocheter to work with them on getting some items ready for a Photo Shoot, but they need me next week and my husband is away next week so I had to say no as there will be no one to look after Scrumpy!
My Puppy comes first.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear about your regular spot in the magazine. I sure hope that the folks who wanted your to crochet for a photoshoot were going to pay you well. :) You are a busy little lady.
    How is the online teaching?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, Lovely to hear from you! I am busy - the eLearning courses are going very well thanks. Sorry I haven't had time to reply before now - I have been busy finalizing my book! busy busy!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!