"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Monday 24 June 2013

Busy Day 175


My friend and fellow Tweeter NS came to me for a Crochet Lesson today.  She crochet's well already but feared she had picked up some bad habits as she is self taught.

So we got crocheting!

Immediately I noticed that she was "hooking" the wrong way round

Instead of doing WOH (wool over hook) she was doing WUH (Wool UNDER Hook)

And this made all the difference, even to her foundation chain.



These photo's are awful, I know & I apologise - it's the colour of the wool.  However the top photo is with WUH

And the photo below is WOH
The main thing here is the vast improvement in the look and neatness of her foundation chain


We then went on to make little swatches, so that she could work her stitches of dc, htr & tr with WOH and not WUH

Look at the lovely neat stitches and the fabulously straight edges!
Well done NS
 Today I also spent time bringing my accounts up to date, getting commissions posted off & working some more on my book.

When Hubby's away in London I do get an awful lot more done for some reason as he's not a hindrance when he's here - it's just that we chat so much!!

Day 176 is here despite my very fruitful day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!