"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Sunday 29 April 2012

Granny A Day 120 & Knitting & Crochet Blog Week 3KCBWDAY7


It's Day 7 of the Knitting and Crochet Blog Week (3kcbwday7) and what a fun week this has been.

I must now admit that as much as I have loved all the topics covered this week, my favourite day was Day 5

Making the Video Blog or VLOG was such a laugh and I am still chuckling away to myself now when I think about it.

If you didn't get to see it then 




Now for the final day of Knitting & Crochet Blog Week
Day 7 
3KCBWDAY7


Crafting Balance 
Are you a knitter or a crocheter, or are you a bit of both? If you are monogamous in your yarn-based crafting, is it because you do not enjoy the other craft or have you simply never given yourself the push to learn it? Is it because the items that you best enjoy crafting are more suited to the needles or the hook? Do you plan on ever trying to take up and fully learn the other craft? If you are equally comfortable knitting as you are crocheting, how do you balance both crafts? Do you always have projects of each on the go, or do you go through periods of favouring one over the other? How did you come to learn and love your craft(s)?

Are you a knitter or a crocheter, or are you a bit of both?  Well I started off as a knitter, then I learnt to Crochet, but now I just Crochet as I am totally "hooked" and a total addict.  I feel strange if I don't crochet something, however small, a day.

If you are monogamous in your yarn based crafting, is it because you do not enjoy the other craft or have you simply never given yourself the push to learn it.......? I was and probably still am, a very accomplished knitter, but my love is now solely with Crochet.  I do sew by hand and using a machine & have made many items plus, I can also embroider, in fact I can turn my hands to most crafts and would like to start patch working soon (If I can ever find time to put my hook down) 

Do you always have projects of each on the go, or do you go through periods of favouring one over the other? 
I always have about 3 projects on the go!  I am currently making a cardigan, along with one of my students (like a crochet-a-long) so that she can learn to follow a pattern of this size.  Then I have a Baby Blanket on the go, plus I have a Summer Top to finish and of course my ongoing / daily Granny A Day Crochet square to make so a nice variety as they all use different yarns and different sizes of hooks.


How did you come to learn and love your craft?
I learnt to Knit and Crochet at a very young age.  I carried on learning various genre's at school, including needlework (I remember our needlework teacher Mrs Ashworth saying "The lazy mans way is the hardest" all the time - in other words, don't cut corners as it doesn't pay) and cookery and in later years I took up embroidery and cross stitch.  I loved doing them all at different stages of my life, but now Crochet is the one that I have felt more comfortable with for the longest time.  Since I started to teach crochet I have fallen more and more in love with the craft, especially when I see what my pupils have accomplished.  It makes me feel like a proud mother duck!




Granny A Day 119 is dedicated to the rain!


I have crocheted every row in shades of Green as when I look outside to my garden, and the parkland beyond, I can see very lush green grass - which is all thanks to the rain!

And here are all 120 squares looking super fabulous if I may say so myself!


Hope  you've all had a great crocheting weekend!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!