"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Monday 16 April 2012

Granny A Day # 107


As you can see, GAD # 107 is a little different from the norm!


I thought that I would adapt one of the patterns from 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws & Afghans by Jan Eaton CLICK HERE if you want to buy a copy of this MUST HAVE book and one that I highly recommend.
Anyway, as I was saying, I thought I would adapt one of the patterns, so I chose the STAR FLOWER pattern but only made the Star from the pattern, the frame of the original pattern, I adapted to fit in with my "Granny" theme, and it worked out superbly - even to the extent that I could "join as you go" too!

I am really thrilled with how it's turned out and I may do a few more "variations" in Granny A Days to come.

Sadly, due to commitments today, I have to inform you that LION is still headless.  Even if I did have the time, my local wool shop is closed on a Monday so I couldn't have got the safety eyes anyway!  I will have to try tomorrow.

I hope you like my new Granny Square.

More tomorrow!
Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. I have also crochet this square for my project. I like your frame!
    Groetjes Jacqueline
    knutsel-dekentje.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqueline and thanks for your comment - it's a lovely square to make - very "cheerful" I will go and take a look at your blog now so thanks for the link.
    Ali

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!