"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Thursday 26 April 2012

Granny A Day 117 + Knitting & Crochet Blog Week 2012


To start today's blog post I would like to thank my friend Calum & his Mum.

His Mum hasn't been well recently and is now in a care home, so Calum brought around some of her crafting things for me to have.

I was thrilled to find 2 Crochet Monthly Magazines that were published in 1991 which was full of "doily" and "runners"

Thank goodness for Magazines like our current Inside Crochet Magazine which has brought Monthly Crochet up to date!  However saying that I might give one or two patterns from these magazines a go!

I was also thrilled to find a square that his Mum had started, so as a thank you to them both, I have added this square as Granny A Day 117 to my GAD Blanket


I had to take it down one row


So that I could join it to the blanket and here it is next to GAD 117


I have also managed to finish a cover


For a rather boring plain glass vase that holds my joss sticks


It's turned out very nicely and it's so colourful


So thank you to LW, one of my pupils, who bought me this 100% cotton yarn that comes from Italy!





Today is 3KCBWDAY4


A Knitter or Crocheter For All Seasons?
As spring is in the air in the northern hemisphere and those in the southern hemisphere start setting their sights for the arrival of winter, a lot of crocheters and knitters find that their crafting changes along with their wardrobe. Have a look through your finished projects and explain the seasonality of your craft to your readers. Do you make warm woollens the whole year through in preparation for the colder months, or do you live somewhere that never feels the chill and so invest your time in beautiful homewares and delicate lace items. How does your local seasonal weather affect your craft?



Spring is indeed in the air - or is it?  It's been raining here for about a week now and even though we have a drought warning in force, so a hosepipe ban too, it hasn't stopped raining since the ban was put in place - so what have I been crocheting during the last season or two?



Well in January I started on a Poncho, which is now finished.

The plan was to wear it in Spring, but so far, I haven't had the chance as it's been too wet and cold!

I also made and recently finished a Summer Top
However this remains on the Tailors Dummy as I haven't had the chance to wear it.

Now the scarf that I made I am saving up for next winter


Another Summer Top that I have started

Is slowly taking shape



I have completed the front and am now working on the back
  
However I am not in a rush to finish it as Summer seems like a long way away at the moment.

From the same pattern book I am also making this Cardigan


Again it's a Summer Wear cardigan as it's made from Cotton
and is my 
Cardigan -A- Long that I am making with a student (or should I say whilst she makes hers at the same time)


I always have a blanket or two on the go, it doesn't matter what time of year it is






And of course toys


They are so lovely to make, especially as they are ALL IN ONE so no sewing in of arms or legs or even ears, they are fun to make
If you want the pattern for these then click on the Patterns for Sale above tab.


I will start to Crochet Beanie Hats in the Summer Months to get stocks up for when the Autumn and Winter months kick in, so I suppose like in the world of Fashion, you always work a season or two in advance!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!