"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Saturday 7 April 2012

GAD #98 and Inspiration 4 a new Pattern!

Granny A Day # 98 is this little Pink, Yellow, Beige & Lime Green number


After taking a lesson this morning, which I really enjoyed taking PLUS my pupil brought in her finished bear, so I took a little photo shoot of her bear and all the bears that  I have made....



Aren't they FAB?  Well done JC and Hello Blue Bear!


After that, I threw myself into writing a new pattern and taking pictures as I go along the process.

My inspiration came from the Lion that I made yesterday, however what I want to do is to make a TOTALLY 
ALL - IN - ONE
TOY

Not only will it be an All - In - One Toy but you will be able to adapt it to make a Lion, a Bear, A Rabbit, A Pig - whatever really - the possibilities are endless!!

So this pattern will mean that you can crochet without stitching arms, head and legs etc. on after making the main body

I have also reduced the size that it's current Lion (see yesterday's post) is working up too, so I am trying to reduce the whole thing by half and incorporate the All-in-One thing into it.

I am currently half way through, so I have 2 legs, already joined on to half a body with no sewing (so no needle) involved - only a crochet hook.

One calamity was that I ran out of a certain colour wool in mid pattern and I had to rush off to the Wool Shop to try to match the yarn up - I didn't have the band and I knew that it was an old / odd ball that I was using but I managed to get a very good match - phew!!

Would this interest you if I were to PUBLISH this pattern?

The more YES 'es I get the more inspired I will be, so if you read this blog then please let me know if this is a pattern that YOU would like to see and be able to crochet for yourself.

Please send me a comment.  

Crochet On Hookers!!

Thanks for reading

Ali


2 comments:

  1. Yes please Ali - would love a toy pattern, especially if made all in one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure do enjoy reading and seeing all your "stuff". the pattern for the All - In - One Toy would be a good pattern to have and use. Have made -1- and did not like putting it all together at the end. when I get to the end, I want to be done. am enjoying doing the Granny A Day. always look forward to seeing your colors. Keep up the good work, seems like you do enjoy it. (now back to watching from the background!!) thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!