If you read GAD 127 yesterday, you will have seen that I finished my first pair of socks made with Wendy 4ply "Happy" in lovely shades of pinks, greens & purples
Well I loved making them so much
That I decided to make another pair
This time the yarn is Regia "Garden Effects" 75% new wool & 25% Polyamid
The label states that this yarn is
*Machine washable (no felting)
with 10years Regia Guarantee!
So I started pair 2
However following a slightly different pattern, however with the same start of ch15, it was soon apparent that the sock was coming up too big, so I adjusted the ch15 to ch11 and went from there.
This made a big difference as the sock, as you can see, is fitting very snugly
As I had decreased the chain at the beginning I also decreased the amount of chains around the circumference and then the amount of chains that I would have to skip once I had made the chain to create the space for the heel!
As you can see it all worked out in the end.
I changed the main body stitch of the sock to a HTR rather than the combination of stitch mentioned in the patter which was 1dc and 1tr all around - I don't know why I decided on this but it was less complicated to do and easier to watch TV at the same time
I did the recommended Ribbing at the top of the sock which was made up of FPTR and BPTR which worked out well
And this sock is really comfortable
Here's a close up of the Ribbing at the top and the Heel
Now for the long awaited GAD 128
A cream centre with a maroon 2nd row, a sage green 3rd row framed by a peach border
I think these colours work well together
I also have more news from my Saturday Lady Crochet Pupil
She made another bag and attached the handles all by herself!
She also emailed me a picture of the mini granny squares that we were working on in class together, which is now all joined and ready to add to her blanket
Well done JC