"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Thursday 10 May 2012

GAD 131 & Sleeve ARRGGGHHHHH!


I really enjoyed making Granny A Day 131 today, probably because the sleeve of my cardigan is giving me so much trouble!



This is my Cardigan A Long that I am doing with one of my pupils and we agreed that we would get to a certain stage at the beginning of the sleeve together - her homework so to speak, and continue again together at her next lesson.

I did text her last night to check that she was up to the agreed place.
However, today I decided to go ahead and continue with the sleeve, as I could always make a start on sleeve 2 to be back in sync with her.

I am so glad that I did as the pattern is quite complicated - well not complicated but not easy to decode in the way that it is written as you have to repeat "rows 1 to 8" but they don't "sit" right the 2nd time around as you are increasing as you can see in the photo below




I still have another set of "rows 1 to 8" to go and I should end up with 89 stitches at the end of this section, which I am not sure that I will have, so I will have to add increases as I get to the last stage, therefore rows 7 and 8 of this section.  After that you have to  the sleeve without shaping until the sleeve measures 49cm and then work a further 4 rows.  After that you have to shape the top of the sleeve and THEN work another 5 rows.

I am going to have to calculate the length of this sleeve before I go any further as I fear that it will end up being far too long for my little arms!

My calculations (rough) is that the sleeve will turn out 5 inches too long for me - now that won't do will it?

More tomorrow folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!