"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Saturday 18 February 2012

Day 49 + Fantastic Bag made by a Student & more!!

The first picture is the "and more"
Yes, my Student JC has started on this wonderful star blanket to use up the yarns that she bought for the fantastic Ripple Blanket that she made and brought in to show me last week.
If you missed that then go back to last Saturday's post.


Now, again last Saturday in class, we started on the bag and this is it finished and lined.
All that was left to do was to join the handles


So after a couple of practice runs to make sure that the stitching looked ok


JC joined the handles one by one using a Double Crochet Stitch


That incorporated the handle at the same time.
Above is the picture of the inside

And below is the picture from the outside - how neat is that? 


Now it has a real professional finish and we both love the way it's turned out.
All JC has to do now is to darn in the ends.

Those Bamboo handles are a perfect match for that Chunky Cream yarn

(please note the "essential" cup of coffee lurking to the top left of the picture)


And my crochet news from today is.......

.....taking a few scraps of wool from my ever grown wool / yarn stash


I made it into Granny A Day 49


And this was all that I had left over

So not a bad use of the quantities that I initially had to work with.

Well done JC I love that bag and can't wait to see it once the ribbon arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!