"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Monday 13 February 2012

Day #44, Bag Lined, Valentines Card & a New Class

Not in the order of the title above!!

Firstly I made a blue crocheted heart
For my Husband's Valentines Card
Blue is his favourite colour - see how wonderful crochet is!!

 Oh it looks black in this picture, but it's 100% as blue as in the picture above

I do hope he'll be pleased with it.

Next is the bag that I started in a class on Saturday.
I finished it and all I had to do was to line it.


So out came "old faithful" my vintage Singer Sewing Machine


And I got to work sewing the two sides together


I then pinned it to the inside of the bag, hemming in the top as I went along


Making sure that it was even all the way around


And I sewed it into place


Et Voila!  
Apart from a catch its all done.


Next is my Granny A Day for Day 44
I think it's some Football Team's colours but I can't think who's it is


And finally, I had a new pupil today
She had been on a Crochet Group Class before but that was over a year ago,
so I think she did ever so well to do as well as she did today.

We went through all the basics
Foundation Chain
Slip Stitch
Double Crochet and
Trebles too!


Here's a practice swatch that she made.
The picture doesn't actually do it justice as it was very "square" when I took the photo.

Her ambition is to make amigurumi toys and she brought in a book of patterns full of ghouls and ghosty's, vampires and monsters!  They look SO cute.
She also want's to make Granny Squares too so a great mix of modern and traditional.  I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!