"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Day 191 - Are you joining Crochet Camp?


Have you joined the Crochet Camp yet?

I am very proud to announce that I have been asked to do a Guest Post for this camp & I have been working hard to prepare for it.


In other news - I have a challenge!!


  I have been asked by a friend, to crochet him a beanie hat.

Now you are thinking "where's the challenge in that?" are you not?  Beanie hats, as I know already are easy peasy lemon squeezy

However

This

Is 

No 

Ordinary

Beanie

Hat

This is a 2 colour Beanie, but the 2 colours are not in horizontal rows, they are in verticals, so one half is to be in RED and the other in BLACK

Now that's a challenge!

As you can see, it starts off ok

(please note that I am making this up as I go along as I can't find a pattern on the internet & I have looked and looked)



But as the hat gets bigger the stripe starts to go off course as it's working on a bias


So not for the first time, I have frogged it and started from about half way up yet again!

Possibly for the 5th time!
 However I think I've cracked it.

I used a secret formula to hide the disarray that might be lurking underneath!

Now for some Classic Crochet

My student ML sent me this lovely photo today

 
Just look at the beautiful workmanship on this little sampler
 ML has done a fantastic job & has made me so proud.

Finally 191 square just about made it today

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ali I was in Barnes & Noble in NYC today and I saw your creations in the magazine Inside Crochet! Congrats! You do beautiful work and you are talented!
    Julie from the USA - julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!