"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Saturday 19 May 2012

Another WIP finished & GAD 140

This wasn't exactly a WIP but I don't know how else to refer to it!!

My friend gave me a lot of crochet bits and bobs that his Mum used to use and in with these bits and bobs were loads of these little mini granny squares!

Some of them were badly stained and despite washing them, the staining didn't come out, so I salvaged 20 squares that I could use and decided to join them together



As you can see I have used the ladder method, well that's what I call it anyway.  It's when you join the squares at the little edges first (see above) and then you do the long lengths all the way across, darning in all the ends as you go, so save you from sewing them in (the most hated of all jobs of all crocheters!!) at the end


And after joining them all together, I made a Triple Crochet edging.


I will give this to my friend Calum, so that he can frame it
This way he can have something that his Mum made, forever!


Now for GAD 140


Well the intention of GAD 2012 Challenge was to use up all your left over wools and yarns, so this is putting it into practice 100% as I literally joined bits of yarn together and completed my GAD


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!