"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Monday 13 August 2012

Baby Blanket, Mittens & GAD 226 - PHEW Crochet overload....

Yes, I am pleased to report that the Spiral Baby Blanket is finally finished - ahead of the pending "pop" I would like to add!

Here it is in its full glory


As you can see there is Baby Blue, Baby Pink, Baby Yellow & White swirling around in spirals of Granny Shells


Finished off with a Baby Green Border in scallops of Grannys

These colours work well really as the Mother to be is from the Philippines, so their flag is Red, Blue, White & Yellow and the Father to be is Irish so their that's the Green bit!

Do you see my thinking behind this?


Next is the mittens

During the Olympic Closing Ceremony I got a little bored, so I picked up a new ball of Aran Wool and a 5mm hook and I started to crochet a block / square / rectangular shape. 

I made sure that the chain that  I started with went around my wrist - 25 chains - and then I crocheted in Half Trebles until the block / square / rectangle got to just above my knuckles.

After that I didn't break off the wool - I simple joined the seams with a single crochet down the longest part, leaving a gap for the thumbs 
and 
Tah Dah
I now have a pair of mittens which are wonderfully warm and cosy and will allow me to get on with various activities when it's cold enough to wear them e.g. stacking the chilled produce at work!


I had some left over Aran at the end of the ball so I made GAD 226 with it


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!