"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Saturday 20 March 2010

Lots going on this week!




I am getting a bit lost on which ones I have and haven't made from the book, so that's a job for today


I started by joining another row of 9 squares, so the blanket now weighs a ton and is 9 by 10 squares!
I find it easier to do this job on floor level.  Fortunately I am lucky enough to be able to still get up from a floor sitting position without too much difficulty!


I had to buy a new wool called marble something, as the wool shop has run out of Cocoa and I only have 2 balls of that left - it's ok but it's not a 100% like from me.  I have made a few squares with this in, and I will have to dot them around


This one is called Christmas Rose and I loved putting this one together


This is Snowflake


A traditional granny incorporating the new wool


I think I have made this pattern before, but I have used different colours here


I can't remember the name of this square but I like the finished article.

I have crocheted a load more granny squares, but I didn't want to bore you with all their photo's.

It's raining again outside so the planned trip to the allotment will have to be put on hold - where's my crochet hook?



5 comments:

  1. I like the marble wool, it gives a really good effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali, I love the new wool, and it looks fab in the granny square. What do your squares measure? mine are 5 inches square, and I am going to stop at 7 squares across and down, (only another 8 sqs to go YEH ) and then put a border in cram / pink of around 1-2 inches all around and a picoted edge along that, then FINITO !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S forgot to say 'well done' on the driving ! as just like your situation, Austin always seems to drive us everywhere and I lost confidence on driving distances since he retired, but him being unable to drive because of the foot op recently has been good for me as I have driven quite a lot over the last few weeks. Even to Dorset to my sisters on Friday. So i know what an achievement you made doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like the marble wool too, and the Christmas rose is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you all like the Marble as I may have to get some more of that due to the Cocoa, Parchment & Paprika all being out of stock this week (but on order) and not due to arrive till next week!
    What a quandry!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!