"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Thursday 22 March 2012

Granny A Day # 82 - Spring Sunshine Granny Square - Free Tutorial

Today was a beautifully SUNNY day and I felt as though Spring has really Sprung and that this IS a time for new beginnings and new hope.

So I decided to make a little "quirk" in my Granny Square
to commemorate such a Sunny day full of HOPE

So here it is



I made the Sun in the middle
The Green is the Grass 
&
The Blue Frame is the Sky

This is my Spring Sunshine Granny Square & I would like to share it with you so that the joy of Spring and the Hope that it brings with it is with you all.....



I started my Granny Square of with a flat round.


Chain 4 & join with a slip stitch to form a ring
Chain 3 (counts as one treble)
11 Trebles all into the ring
join with a slip stitch  into the 3rd chain or the 3 chain you made at the start (so you have 12 tr's in total)

Chain 3 (counts as one treble)
Now put another treble into the same space as the chain
you will have a little "V" shape as you have made 2 stitches into one stitch from the row below.
Continue to put 2 trebles into each treble from the row below (row 1)
You will have 24 trebles  in total.
Remember to join with a slip stitch into the 3rd chain (as above)

Now change colour if you want to



3 chain, then 2 trebles, 3 chains and 3 trebles to form your 1st corner.
1 chain
now miss 2 stitches and put 3 trebles into the next stitch
1 chain
now miss 2 stitches and then 3 trebles, 3 chains and 3 trebles into the next stitch
1 chain 
Repeat this sequence all the way around until Row 3 is finished.

Change colour if you want to.


On the final row, simply put a corner (3 trebles, 3 chains, 3 trebles) into the corner below
(if you are not changing colour then simply slip stitch across to the 3 chain corner space)
1 chain
3 trebles into the one chain space (from the row below)
1 chain
3 trebles into the one chain space (from the row below)
1 chain
make another corner as above into the corner space of the row below and repeat this all the way around until you meet the start!

** Happy Spring **

You've just made my Spring Sunshine Granny Square!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!