"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Another day in my Crochet World

Hi everyone, I had a busy day yesterday with a Crochet Class at a local "Arty" Cafe to start the day off.  I went to speak to the owner about holding Crochet Classes at her venue in January 2012 and not only did she think it was a great idea, but she wanted to take a few classes herself!


Next was one of my regular students who I haven't seen for a few weeks due her having a major cold last week, which she kindly text me about to let me know, so we rescheduled.  She came along producing one completed beanie hat - 


Isn't it simply FANTASTIC


When she came to me 5 lessons ago, she didn't know how to crochet and now she's turning out Beanie Hats and a scarf for her Mother's Christmas present, which we decided between us that it would be very ambitious to complete in time for the day, so it's now going to be a cowl.  So 10 hours of one to one lessons and she's doing wonders!


Another thing that I completed yesterday was to finish off the Beanie Hat ordered by my Postman.  I wasn't happy with the lettering - it was too "spidery" so I decided to make the lettering thicker....



....and now it looks perfect.



I also discovered a site called Urban Knit .co.uk and so I took a look on there.  They sell 100% Acrylic Scarves for £29.99!!!  I wish I could sell one of mine for that price!

I also started my commission order yesterday and all I have to do now is email the buyer with a photograph of the ear flap hat so far, to see if she would like anything added or altered before I finish it off.

Oh, and I contacted the Merton Abbey Mills people too that Mrs. Jones kindly left me a comment about - I am hoping that I can get a one off stall there this coming Sunday.  It's a "handmade" orientated place, so the people that go there to buy, are expecting to pay some money for goods, not like the craft fair that I did last week which I know I shouldn't moan about, as I actually did ok, but the people who went there were expecting car boot sale prices,  not "hand made" and not "mass produced".  So hopefully I will hear from them today and I can pack up my leftover stock (of which there is quite a bit) and Pixie my mannequin and spend the day selling my wares and giving out leaflets about my crochet classes!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!