"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Thursday 27 October 2011

Spiral Granny Blanket

I took my curtain tie backs to the local craft shop, so that I could get the colour match right, not just guess whilst there and get it wrong!

I found the pattern I was after - I fancied a Granny Square blanket, but I wanted a twist and I was lucky enough to find a Spiral Granny Pattern on You Tube


So I got my 4 colours and my 6.5mm hook ready in front of the computer screen and followed the online instructions



Pausing every now and then to make sure that I recorded my efforts with my camera


The Spiral effect started to show


And with the chunky wool I had chosen the blanket started to grow


I had to be careful to make sure all the sides were even as the blanket got bigger, as I was working around and around, changing colours every so often


As the blanket grew, the spiral effect got more and more stunning


And finally it's finished - I am thrilled with the end result.
It took approx 40 hours to make and wool costs were £50
If I were to make one like this for sale, it would cost around £250 to buy - and that's only charging £5 per hour to cover my time - less than the minimum wage!!!

Credit where credit is due - thanks to Smooth Fox for the You Tube video tutorial


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!