"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Wednesday 16 September 2015

The Summer of 2015 & more....


As you know, I had to take this summer of, due to a leg operation, however I didn't daudle, I was busier than ever, but without the teaching side of things.

I was busy designing for myself & for books & magazines.

The work kept on flowing in nicely.

My other hobby is hatching & also keeping (I have 7) Indian Runner Ducks, so I wrote up a pattern for a crochet version.


 Do you like my new Crochet Bag?  I have to take lots of bits and bobs plus books etc to classes, so this bag, made for my by Kitty Stitches (see twitter) is perfect.
As soon as I saw the material, which looks just like Granny Squares, I was hooked!


This new book, by DK publishing, is one of the books that I have designed 2 patterns for.  A lovely wrap around (figure of 8) scarf & a mens tie.



A new wool shop has popped up locally, so I didn't waste any time in offering my services to teach Crochet there.  Class start on the 5th October, so contact 01258 488542 to book your place.




Baby Hexagon a Day
My CAL is still being worked on, when I get some spare hooking time!


It's looking good so far.  I must tally up how many I have made.


I practised some new techniques over the Summer too, like C2C


And Hairpin Crochet, so that I could teach them when my classes started again.



I love the different "effect" that this technique has to offer


I started a new beginners class in Sherborne in September




 And also a new Improvers class in Shaftesbury too


I so love to teach Crochet!


A new book (one of several ) arrived in the post 


I wore the ring that I designed for Inside Crochet Magazine too!


I also took a one off 4 hour improvers class at Sherborne, as I hadn't been able to do my regulary weekly stint, which was well attended.


This lovely hooker, came to class claiming that she couldn't read patterns.  I gave her a copy of my book "Crochet for Begninners who want to Improve" and left her to it.  She made this flower all by herself & has now started to make the socks!!


Some lovely colours chosen by another pupil, to make a cushion cover


And last but not least, Sarah made this amazing Granny Square blanket over the summer.


On top of all of this going on I have also been busy organising the Coach Trip to the London Knit & Stitch Show.

There's going to be a raffle & an on board Auction as well as a quiz & a sing a long!!


















Here are just some of the gifts donated + there are more to come, like a meal for two at Dikes & some hand made & dyed yarn from Sparrow UK to name a few more items.

Companies and individual's have been very generous. 

All funds raised will go to Age Concern North Dorset Befrienders

More soon folks










1 comment:

  1. Hi Ali,
    Wow you have been busy this summer. Thanks for the update. I love what your students have crocheted. I really like your new tote bag too.
    Take care and happy crocheting.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!