"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Day 30 - Hoopla Yarn



Day 30 already and here is the Granny Square Blanket / A Square A Day blanket so far!
As you can see I have used a NEW colour today - this rather startling but lovely pink.


I have also "TWEETED" that I need 7ft of Acrylic DK yarn and I have had several Tweets back to say that yarn is on the way - Hooray!

And now for Hoopla!


It's a yarn that's made from by products of the fashion industry, so each bobbin may have a slighty different thickness and it pre cut and wound onto bobbins like this!

I ordered 3 variations of the Pop Art Range & using a 12 mm hook and 2 bobbins I made this unique rug




Which is going to have pride of place in my guest bedroom.


So one more bobbin to go - what to make next is the question!


2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of making a granny square for your blanket every day! I get so tired of making them one after the other. I might just have to copy you! By the way, I love the new color too! Some extra pop was never a bad thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelsea & thanks for your kind comment! I made a Granny Square a day last year and was really pleased with the blanket that "turned out" at the end. You copy me all you like - share the crochet love!! xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!