Yes, I am at it again. Crocheting squares. Not only that but I am scouring the internet for different square patterns.
I came across this one and thought "OK I'll give it a go," so here it is.....
And this is how mine started out
And how it ended up!
Considering that I was following and American pattern, so their DC's are our TC's and I had to teach myself how to stitch a double treble crochet in the midst of it all, I am quite pleased with the end result.
It can get confusing reading DC and having to make a TC, and the pattern did get a little complicated at times. When that happens I down tools, walk away for 5 minutes and come back until the penny drops!
I also had to do my own finishing row, as the original pattern was that little bit to small compared to my finished squares, so I added a row of "V" stitches (2 trebles into one stitch)
My first "creation"
Finally, this is a square that I have made up. I fancied something stripey. So I crocheted a foundation chain of 29 and put 1 treble into chain 5, then another TC into each of the next 2 chains 1 chain. then 3 trebles into next 3 chains 1 chain to end. Changed colour, 5 chains - start again. The ends are a bit messy, so on my next attempt I will improve that, but as they will be sown into anyway, I just carried on with this one. Only 2 rows to go - one in beige and one in brown!