"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Sunday 1 December 2013

What a difference 0.25mm makes! Day 335


A day all to myself - crochet wise that is.  I decided to start hooking sock 2 of 2 from Inside Crochet Magazine Issue 47 by Rohn Strong.

These socks are going to be for my husband as I am always raving about my 7, or is it 8 pairs of Crochet socks & I haven't made him any yet.

So out came my wool - Stylecraft Aviemore 4ply 75% wool/25% Nylon and the hook which was fastened in the centre of the ball from making sock 1.

I really made great progress & had the right amount of stitches at the end of each round

Until I discovered this:


Yes Sock 2 was coming up larger than sock 1

It didn't take me long to realise that I was using a 3.5mm hook and not a 3.25mm!! ARRRGGGHHHHH

So I had to frog my work & order a hook from eBaY as I can't find my 3.25mm hook anywhere.


I am now up to date on my squares - It's day 335 already so only another 30 days to go.





My latest issue of Inside Crochet has arrived & it has so many wonderful patterns to hook in it.  I will tell you more tomorrow so do come back for more 


Ali  x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!