"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Granny A Day 353, 354 & WIP's & Free Tutorial!!

I am posting GAD 353 one day late - sorry folks!
I simply forgot to blog yesterday - not like me I know, but hey, I am only human and I do forget things!



Now that my Crochet Lessons have slowed down, due to the Festive Season being upon us shortly, I have had time to catch up on one particular favorite WIP

My Ripples Blanket

I love the colours and I can't wait to finish it and put it at the end of a bed, or draped on the stair banister or casually placed on a sofa in the conservatory or......


Wherever it ends up, it will brighten up any room!

This is Granny A Day 354


It's probably hard to see but my square (without the orange border) is at the bottom of the book page.

I had very similar colour yarns to the one in the book so I decided to follow it colours and all!!


And here it is attached to my GAD blanket

Now for a small FREE TUTORIAL

BPDC
Back Post Double Crochet

As you can see I have started on my border of my GAD blanket

It would have been too big a job to tackle in the last 5 days of the year with all the festivities going on, so I have made a row or Trebles in Yellow

The next row in Green is Double Crochet

and Row 3 is also Double Crochet in Blue, but it's BACK POST DOUBLE CROCHET


And here's how you do it......

Put your hook under both front and back loops (in this case the green row) of the row below from the back of your work to the front as in the photo below


Then you put your hook from front to back around the "post" of the stitch of the row below and WOH (wool over hook) - just lever the hook handle towards you so that the hook head is facing away from you to get "around the post of the stitch"


And pull it through so that you have 2 loops on the hook


Then WOH again and


pull that through both loops on the hook to finish the BPDC (back post double crochet)



As you can see in the photo above, using this method makes the Green DC's push towards you, both front and back loops are clearly visible and create a lovely effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!